Permission to travel abroad


For criminal FIR, bail was obtained from High Court. Thereafter, permission to travel abroad to “A” country for six months was obtained from a Ludhiana court with X security deposit.

The accused travelled to A country and spent most of the time there, returned to India within the stipulated period and reported to the Court. However, on his return, the accused on his return from A also travelled to B country for few days to see his son.

The question arises whether the accused committed contempt of court for travelling to B country and whether the court can forfeit X security under such circumstances ? Though however, in the spirit of the law, the accused fulfilled the core conditions of the permission.

Kindly advise any specific provisions of law or court rulings that can be used in support of the accused to protect him without any penalty from the Court.