How to file FIR in case of online banking fraud?


The fraud transactions has been made on Airtelmoney ,SBI, Vodafone money etc. and i have tried to made a FIR at cyber cell in my area but they have refused to make it by arguing that against whom to lodge an FIR. So can you please advice what to do now?


There are two things you need to do :

  1. make an application/complaint to cyber crime cell with all the relevant details like payment portal from where the transaction has been made.

  2. whenever the payment has been made via these portals or online, an intimation has been given regarding the money transfers via SMS, E-Mails, Etc. on your registered email or phone nos. which can be used as an evidence if the payment has been made without your authorization. The details of the receiver / beneficiary are also provided by these portals can be annexed while making your complaint.

if the police officials in your area are not responding to your complaint then the indulgence of the court can be seek under various provisions of Crpc to register an FIR.